This Nutella Pecan Rugelach is all the time a vacation favorite! Buttery, flaky pastry stuffed with a Nutella pecan filling that’s simply to die for!
As promised, one other vacation cookie so as to add to your baking checklist people! And this one is an absolute should!
For these of you who aren’t conversant in rugelach, it’s a standard crescent-shaped Jewish pastry which usually consists of a buttery, cream cheese dough that may be stuffed with a wide range of fillings like nuts, cinnamon, chocolate or fruit preserves.
My model in the present day, is my all time favourite. I imply, can anybody actually go mistaken with Nutella? And mixed with a mix of toasted pecans, cinnamon, granulated sugar and brown sugar, and also you’ve acquired a candy little deal with that may fly off your vacation cookie tray!
The dough may be made in a snap, however must be refrigerated for an hour or two earlier than rolling, so take that under consideration when doing all your planning. Whereas the dough is chilling you can also make your pecan brown sugar filling, which is a combo granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans. Really easy!
As soon as the dough is chilled, merely roll it right into a circle, unfold on a yummy, decadent layer of Nutella, prime it along with your pecan combination after which lower it into wedges. Roll up the wedges, refrigerate once more for 30 minutes, then brush the rugelach with an egg wash, and bake. I sprinkle mine with a bit of additional granulated sugar earlier than baking, however you may also mud with confectioner’s sugar after they’re baked in the event you’d slightly.
These take a wee extra time, due to the chilling wanted, however they’re oh so price it! Good in your vacation cookie trays, for gifting, or along with your afternoon espresso or tea! Get pleasure from!
Nutella Pecan Rugelach
three hours 20 minutes
Writer: MaryAnn Dwyer
Servings: 48 cookies
- 1 Eight-oz. bundle cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/three cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/four tsp. kosher salt
- 1/four cup granulated sugar
- 1/four cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 tsp. floor cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- 1 cup Nutella
- Egg Wash: 1 egg, overwhelmed with 1 tablespoon milk
- Garnish: additional granulated sugar for sprinkling or confectioner’s sugar for dusting
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter till fluffy. Add the sugar and vanilla. Flip the mixer to low, and add the flour and salt simply till mixed. Place the dough onto a properly floured floor and form into a big ball. Minimize the ball into 4 equal items and wrap every in plastic. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Whereas the dough is chilling, make the filling. In a small bowl, mix each sugars, cinnamon and toasted pecans. (To toast your pecans, place on baking sheet in 350 diploma oven for 5-7 minutes till aromatic. When cooled, finely chop.)
- On a properly floured floor, roll out as soon as disc at a time (maintain others refrigerated till prepared to make use of) right into a 9-inch circle. Unfold with about 1/four cup Nutella, evenly over the dough about 1-inch in from the periphery, after which sprinkle with 1 / 4 of the filling combination. Minimize the dough into 12 pie-shaped wedges. Beginning on the huge finish, roll up every wedge.
- Place two inches aside with the purpose tucked below on a parchment lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 levels.
- Brush every cookie with egg wash after which sprinkle with some granulated sugar. Bake for 18-20 minutes till flippantly browned. Let cool on pans for five minutes, then take away to wire racks to chill utterly. Repeat with remaining discs of dough.