I decided to write about it because during my diet I started to lose weight from all over rest of my body but the fat was still stored in the hips and between the shoulder blades. I couldn’t find much information on how to lose upper back fat. And that’s pretty normal because, as we will see, back weight loss is a complicated process! And in addition, for once, it is the men who are most concerned by this problem, but it can therefore also affect us women, depending on our morphology. In short, no one is immune from this problem which is becoming a real concern for many people with overweight. Specially, a person like me who works 9 to 5 doesn’t have enough time to go gym and also handle household chores together. It is therefore, often get quite difficult to manage gym and my home simultaneously. Moreover, continuously increasing upper back fat is also a cause of concern for me because due to this I look more than my age which makes me more embarrassed.
Is your upper back fat embarrass you as well? Have you always dreamed of wearing your favorite bare back dress, but are unable to wear that? Have you ever ask yourself how to lose upper back fat at home ? Well , worry not ! Because the time has come to say goodbye to your fat on upper back!
In order to understand how to lose upper back fat first of all let’s discuss where does it come from?
Where does this upper back fat come from and what causes back fat under bra?
Like all the parts, back fat is a reserve made by the body to prepare for a possible period of famine. The more a person consumes elements rich in fat and sugar, the more energy the body will store and have trouble getting rid of. Food & nutritional focus to lose upper back fat effectively You should know that certain foods promote fat gain in this area. This is the case of sweet sodas, red meats and cold cuts, sugar (refined), dairy products … The fats provided by these foods go particularly to the area of the shoulder blades and the lumbar area. While the regular consumption of certain other foods, known as “fat burners”, is strongly recommended. These are mostly healthy drinks like green tea, carrot juice (a vegetable that has many benefits) or celery, grapefruit, among other fat killing juices!
This post discusses how to lose back fat at home without equipment that can help you lose your upper back fat faster and effectively than you could have imagined! Want to know How to lose upper back fat in a week? Go ahead and give a reading !
Before moving further, you can also consider reading How to lose belly fat in 2 weeks with Russian Twist for some great tips to flatten your tummy.
How to lose upper back fat in a week ?
Losing fat from upper back is not that difficult as it seems. If work out properly we can start losing this extra amount of fat in a week. We are listing down six upper back fat exercises that are very easy and simple to perform. Do you wanna know how to reduce back fat by yoga? These yoga poses for back fat not only helps in reducing fat from upper back but also strengthen muscles of shoulders, arms, chest, abdomen and lower back. Moreover, I bet you can start losing your upper back fat n just a week as I did as well.
1. Superman Posture
This yoga posture is known as Superman Posture because it looks like superman flying in the air. This posture particularly strengthen muscles of shoulders, chest and lower back. This exercise should not be performed during pregnancy.
- Start by lying on the mat right on the belly. Keep your legs and arms outstretched .
- Now, raise your right arm , followed by your left leg. Simultaneously, lift your head three inches from floor
- Keep your abs tight and butt in .
- Hold this for three seconds . Release by bringing your head, arm and leg down.
- Switch on the other side . With your head, lift the left arm and right leg this time .
- This completes one rep .
- Repeat 8 to 10 times.
This is an excellent exercise if you want to know how to lose upper back fat . The ‘Superman posture’ erects your spinal muscles and strengthens the back muscles around your spine.
2. Shoulder Bridge
Shoulder Bridge is a yoga posture that help in improving mobility of spine. This posture also improves posture and works on abs and glutes. This posture can be performed in several ways but all has same benefits.
- Lie on your back , knees bent and legs spread .
- Arms at your side and lift up the spine and hips.
- Arch your back and point your pubic bone toward your feet .
- Hold for five seconds . Relax and flatten your back. While doing this pull your navel towards the ground.
- Hold for five seconds , then relax . Repeat.
- Start with five repetitions per day. Build up to 30 .
This exercise improves your posture and makes your back stronger as well as this posture is an answer to how to lose weight in upper back too.
3. Cobra Pose
This posture is known as Cobra pose because it reflects snake posture that is its raised hood. Cobra posture has amazing benefits but few of them includes stretching muscles of shoulders, chest and abdomen. It increases flexibility. It also improves menstrual irregularity.
- Lie face down on a yoga mat with your arms at your side. Keep your palms down .
- Keeping your abs and glutes ‘ tight , lift your chest off the floor while inhale slowly , making sure your navel is in contact with the ground.
- Simultaneously raise your arms and back to back, with your palms facing up.
- At the same time , lift your legs a few inches off the ground .
- Stay in the pose for a count of three and return to the starting position while exhaling . Aim for 8-10 repetitions.
The Cobra exercise target muscles of the upper back.
4. Cat And Cow Pose
Cat and Cow pow is a gentle flow of two postures that increases flexibility of spine and warms the body. This posture softly strengthen the abdominal muscles and stretches the neck and back torso. Method:
- Stand on a yoga mat with your hands and knees touch the mat .
- Raise the head while inhaling slowly. At the same time , do your back in a concave shape.
- Slowly exhale , contract your abs , bring your head down around your back .
- Improves posture and balance
- Strengthens and stretches the spine and neck
- Stretches the hips, abdomen and back
- Increases coordination
- Massages and stimulates organs in the belly, like the kidneys and adrenal glands
5. Child Position
Like other posture this posture stretches back and shoulder muscles and releases tension from shoulder, back and chest muscles. Child posture helps to alleviate anxiety and stress. It increases flexibility in internal organs of body. This posture has several benefits that may deviate us from our original topic. So let learn how to perform this posture at home. Method:
- Sit on the mat on your heels .
- Remove the chest to the ground and put forehead on the floor, arms in front of you and rest.
- This is a relaxation poses .
- Repeat the cycle ( the child pose followed by Cow and Cat laying) 6 times.
This relaxing pose will help stretch your ankles, thighs, hips, back and neck to relieve stress in these areas. This pose can also relive constipation.
Planks are one of the most complete exercises to tone both the abdominal area, the waist and the shoulder muscles. It does not require any machine so it can be practiced with a simple mat both at home and in the gym. It is one of the exercises in which your own weight and resistance will determine the effect on the muscle. No need to search how to lose upper bac fat with planks as we are explaining you here. Although it seems eminently easy, it requires a certain technique to avoid injury or muscle discomfort. And it is that, to achieve the objective pursued, it is necessary to suffer a little. The critical moment is the endurance of the posture, since it activates both the torso and back muscles, as well as the upper bac fat, oblique and lower abdominal areas. Method The plank is a type of exercise that requires a very particular technique and posture. To be really effective, you have to maintain the effort, contract the area of the body to work and have a wide space to rest once executed. So, first, the mat should be placed on the floor. The athlete has to lie face down , and support the weight of the body on the forearms . The rear support area will be the balls of your feet. You have to keep your arms bent, out and straight. The shoulder blades are squeezed and the back is extended or opened so that the body is completely upright or parallel to the floor. The thighs must be pressed up while the heels are stretched. Advantages of Planks:
- It is a simple way to work your abs and lower back.
- It is a work of strengthening the middle zone.
- Apart of abdominal muscles, Planks work on other muscles as well: in addition to the lumbar-abdominal area, during the plank the quadriceps, shoulders and upper back areas are contracted to stay in that position.
Important Note to Consider:
- It is not recommended for people with spinal disc problems in the lower back. If there is a pain or pinch, the force exerted can accentuate it.
- It is not recommended for very old people who have never done gymnastics.
- Although everyone can do it, you have to push yourself little by little. “If a person is sedentary, let her begin by supporting her knees and elbows, and then take out one leg and finally the other. This is how the lower back is supported, until it gains strength.
If you want to know how to lose upper back fat then these simple exercises will be the answer.
Also Read: 10 Simple Exercises To Lose Upper Back Fat
How to reduce upper back fat with diet?
Food is essential in the process of reducing the back, and it is important that it is indicated by a nutritionist according to the objective of the person and nutritional needs. To promote fat burning, it is important to reduce the consumption of carbohydrates, such as bread and pasta, and avoid fried foods, with a lot of fat and a lot of sugar, such as soft drinks, filled cookies and cakes.
Dietary recommendations to eliminate fat from upper back
The most important thing to keep in mind if you want toslim your upper back, is that magic diets do not exist. To achieve the desired appearance with a good and stable state of health, it is important to take care of what we eat. Keep the following recommendations in mind when designing your eating routine:
- Count the calories: Before starting a regimen, it is best to have a starting point. Watch how many calories you consume per day and try to cut them in half. The most effective way to see results is to decrease your caloric intake. Take notes for a day of everything you eat and then count with the help of calorie tables.
- Remember the proportions of the food : on your plate there should be protein, vegetables and carbohydrates in the following proportions: 25%, 50% and 25% respectively.
- Increase the consumption of lean meats: try to eat red meat only once a week, the rest of the days include poultry and grilled or baked fish.
- Substitute processed flours: instead, include whole grains and flours.
- Count on Fruits and Vegetables: Include 1 or 2 servings of fruits and vegetables in your meals.
How to reduce upper back fat with weights
In addition to the exercises that we have presented in the previous section, when you want to burn fat from any part of the body, weights are usually very good allies. A little effort will force the muscle to work harder and therefore the result will be even more effective. The only thing to keep in mind is that it is essential not to abuse the weight, since the goal is to reduce upper bac fat, not increase muscle mass .
- T-lift: slightly bend your knees and place your torso parallel to the floor. Drop your arms and with the weights in your hands, open and close your arms 10 times in two sessions. You can also do this exercise on a multi-position bench.
- Arm Raise: Stand up straight with your arms on either side of your thighs. Hold the weights tightly and raise your arms 90 ° forward. Repeat the exercise 10 times in 2 intervals.
- Face-down Raise: Get on your stomach in a push-up position. Take the weights, rest them on the floor and spread your arms wide making sure that the balls of your feet are well supported. With your right arm, raise your elbow up and down 10 times for two sessions. Rest and repeat the same sequence with the other arm.
Watch Upper and Lower Back Workout – At Home Back Exercises to Tone & Strengthen
As a complement to a healthy diet, it is important to start exercising if you are truly motivated to fight off upper back fat! Regular physical activity allows the body to expend energy and to strengthen itself. To start this part, I suggest you to take a look at this video which presents several exercises to be performed to lose the fat located in the upper body:
Source: Fitness Blender
Some Useful Tips to Get Rid of Upper Back Fat
Shaping underwear, a winning choice
To harmonize your silhouette and hide your dorsal curves or upper back fat, everything starts from below. There is a wide choice of shaping underwear; ranging from bodysuits to high-waisted panties, via tank top, panty … this type of lingerie has been designed to give a more sculpted appearance to the body. And if you’re one of those people who thinks there’s nothing sexy about shaping lingerie, think again. More and more designers have taken an interest in it and are now offering ranges of very aesthetic models, varying in shape, color and material. Thus, we find on the market high-waisted satin or lace panties, very feminine pieces that perfectly enhance the body; or other more retro Corsais models for a glamorous massage.
A game to hide upper back fat
When it comes to the choice of clothes, you have to pay attention to the material of your clothes. Certain materials, such as lycra for example, do not highlight the body at all and tend to accentuate certain curves that we would like to hide, while others lighter such as silk or cotton dress in a harmonious and fluid way your body. Less subtle than shapely lingerie but still effective, accompanying an outfit with a shawl or bolero can be an alternative to conceal these superfluous shapes and refine the appearance of the hips and waist. Another safe bet, the undershirt and camisoles under a tight top, it can give a “sculpted body” effect provided it is made with a light material. It’s a bit like hiding the dust under the carpet, but; by combining these points with all the tips listed above, you will quickly feel better while seeing concrete effects on your body. Moreover, suggest you to perform your routine blood test because such issues can also be the reason of hormonal Imbalance or some other underlying issues.