Ingredients to make Fish Soup:
|1.5 kg of small rock fish mixed||4 pinches saffron threads|
|500 g of tomato||4 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 large onion||salt pepper to taste|
|1 leek||3 cloves garlic|
|1 small green pepper||2 fresh red chillies|
|4 garlic cloves||100 g of bread|
|4 fennel strands dried||20 cl of olive oil|
|1 dried thyme||4 pinches saffron powder|
|2 bay leaves||1/2 teaspoon of coarse sea salt|
|3 parsley stems||Slices of toast to serve|
- Clean fish, empty them, rinse them and pat them.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them into quarters. Peel the onion, chop onion and leek. Peel the garlic cloves and chop coarsely. Wash the peppers and cut the pulp into thin strips.
- Heat the oil in a large pot and saute onion, garlic, leeks and peppers. Then add the tomatoes, fennel, thyme, bay leaf, parsley, saffron and fish. Salt and pepper. Stir for 2 minutes, then cover and cook 10 minutes over low heat.
- Then pour 2 liters of boiling water, cover and cook 20 minutes over low heat.
- Peel garlic and chop coarsely. Wash the peppers and cut them in half; remove seeds and stalks, coarsely chop the pulp. Put it in the bowl of a food processor with the garlic, saffron and salt. Mix until it becomes paste.
- Add the bread crumbs in the food processor, and then mix again. Pour finally mesh oil, still mixing, until it becomes a thick and tasty sauce.
- When the soup is cooked, pass it through a strainer, pressing well to extract all the juice of fish. Rinse the pan and pour in the soup again, filtering. Do it on fire doux.Versez warm soup into a tureen and serve at the table immediately with rust apart. Serve the toasted bread with the soup.