In winters most women struggle to keep their skin soft and moist. I am from those women; I know the circumstances of having dry or normal to dry skin. Therefore, I am going to share with you two recipes of Home Made Face Moisturizer. These are very easy to make and have great results for all kind of skins.
Now few of you must wonder why I cannot buy good moisturizers for my skin. Well the answer is very simple, firstly it is very difficult for me to find a good moisturizer that can keep my skin soft and moisturized without even greasing my skin. Secondly, I found some great moisturizers though but they were extra expensive and quantity was too less that I can hardly use it for 15 days.
Seriously, I literally hate to spent so much money on these branded products and local brands are not of such good quality most of these products are even toxins.
I do understand few of you may think that make a homemade face moisturizer is an obstacle. No, it’s not like that making your own naturally glowing cream or simple diy face moisturizer is not a rocket science rather once you have all ingredients ready than it is super easy to make your own home made face moisturizer. There are 3 main ingredients that we will be needing in our recipes of Face Moisturizers i.e. cocoa butter, beeswax and shea butter.
Benefits of home made face moisturizer
Table of Contents
There are several benefits of making your own moisturiser Cream. You know your skin type and also understands what suits our skin. Therefore, you can add the ingredients that are suitable for your skin type. Secondly, this homemade moisturizing cream is chemical free therefore, there is no chance that your skin gets harmed.
Your skin can have benefits from a product which is made of 100% natural ingredients. The three ingredients, beeswax, cocoa butter and shea butter that we will be using to make Homemade face moisturizer has several benefits for our Skin. Let’s first discuss benefits of these ingredients:
Benefits of Cocoa Butter:
Cocoa butter is highly enriched with fatty acid that has benefit to hydrate and nourish our skin. Natural plant compound phytochemical improves blood circulation on skin and slow down aging process. These plant substances also protect the skin from harmful UV rays.
Benefits of Shea Butter
Similarly, Shea butter has several benefits for skin, it is rich in vitamins and fatty acid. Shea Butter is extracted from the nuts of the Shea Tree. Its anti-inflammatory properties soothe the skin and improve Skin redness and swelling.
Due to its moisturizing effects, Shea butter is widely used in several cosmetics. Most importantly Shea butter contains high levels of linoleic acid and oleic acid that allows Shea butter to completely absorbs in the skin and don’t make your skin greasy.
Benefits of Beeswax:
Beeswax is full of moisture therefore it keeps the skin nourished and firm. Its anti- inflammatory and anti-allergic properties soothes irritated skin.
How to conveniently make home made face moisturizer
Making a face moisturizer at home is not a rocket science. With few ingredients we can make best homemade face moisturizer that will be 100% natural, toxin free and cost effective too. Let’s begin with the recipe.
Simple Recipe of diy daily face moisturizer:
This recipe is very simple and easy to make and this recipe require only 4 ingredients.
- 1 quarter cup of white cocoa butter
- 1 quarter cup of shea butter
- 1 half cup of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 4 drop of Rosemary Essential Oil
How to Prepare:
- Take a glass container place Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter and Coconut oil in it.
- Melt all ingredients in a double boiler than add vanilla extract and 4 drops of rosemary essential oil in it.
- Mix it will and pour in glass jar. Let it cool to solidify.
Shelf Life: You can store this cream for 3 to 4 months at most.
Homemade face cream with shea butter and beeswax
This homemade cream would work as face moisturizer.
- 100 ml of sweet almond oil
- 50 ml of coconut oil
- 50 ml of beeswax
- 5 ml of vitamin E oil
- 30 ml Shea Butter
How to Prepare:
Preparation: 20 min – Cooking: 5 min
- Take a glass container and place almond oil, coconut oil, beeswax and shea butter in the container.
- Now take a separate saucepan and little water in it and boil the water.
- When water is boiling turn off the stove and the glass container containing all the ingredients in the saucepan to make the double boiler so that all the ingredients get melted without compromising vitamins and natural content of all the ingredients.
- If needed stir occasionally as the ingredients melt.
- When all the ingredients are melted, add vitamin E oil and mix well.
- Now carefully pour the mixture into a glass jar and let it cool to solidify
Shelf Life: The shelf life of this cream is more than other homemade creams but it is better that you should use this Moisturizing cream for maximum 06 months after its manufacturing.
This cream has amazing effects in winter and it is one of the best home made face moisturizer as well as it works as naturally glowing cream that makes your skin look glowing and nourished.