There’s nothing quite like the satisfaction of biting into a beautifully crispy potato. Today, I’ll be sharing a delightful recipe for a Crispy Potatoes and Zingy Vegetable Salad that will be perfect for spring. With a combination of crispy potatoes, tangy pickled vegetables, refreshing minty yogurt, and soft-cooked eggs, this salad is bursting with flavors and textures. The best part is that it can be prepared using just two pans, without the need for an oven. Let’s dive into the recipe!
Crispy Potatoes and Zingy Vegetable Salad Recipe
Table of Contents
- 1 kilogram of new potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 bag of radishes
- 2-3 tablespoons of vinegar
- 4 eggs
Ingredients for Yogurt Sauce
- 8 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
- 1/2 bunch of fresh mint (or dried mint as an alternative)
- A drizzle of olive oil
- A splash of vinegar
- 1 heaped teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- Additional fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Pinch of pepper
- Begin by halving the fresh potatoes and to speed up the cooking time, place it in a pan and season with salt, pepper, and a drizzle some olive oil over it. Shake the pan to coat the potatoes evenly.
- Cook the potatoes over medium-high heat, allowing them to develop a golden color and become soft on the inside. Shake the pan occasionally to ensure even cooking. This process should take approximately 15-20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare a quick pickle of the vegetables. Peel cucumber, leaving some of the skin on for added texture. Cut the cucumber into centimeter chunks. then take radishes and thinly slice the radishes.
- In a bowl, combine cucumber, radishes, salt, pepper, and vinegar. Toss the mixture together to create the quick pickle.
- Now take eggs and start boiling them on other stove. To achieve perfectly cooked soft-boiled eggs, add a small pinch of salt to a pot of water. Gently lower eggs into the water using a slotted spoon. Cook the eggs for precisely 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the minty yogurt sauce. In a bowl, combine Greek yogurt, salt, pepper, chopped fresh mint (or dried mint), a drizzle of olive oil, vinegar, and Dijon mustard. Stir well to incorporate all the ingredients. Adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Once the eggs have finished cooking, transfer them to a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking process and make them easier to peel.
- Peel the soft-boiled eggs by gently tapping them on a flat surface, then rolling them to loosen the shells. The chilled eggs should be easy to peel.
- Utilize the remaining heat from the pot of water to cook the frozen peas. Drain the peas and add them to the cucumber and radish pickle.
- To assemble the salad, transfer the crispy potatoes to a large serving platter or board. Place the crunchy cucumber and radish pickle in the center of the potatoes, and scatter some extra radishes around.
- Slice the peeled eggs in halves or quarters, and arrange them on top of the salad.
- Spoon the minty yogurt sauce generously over the potatoes.
- Garnish the salad with additional fresh mint leaves and a pinch of pepper.
Your crispy potatoes and zingy vegetable salad is now ready to be enjoyed! Serve it as a standalone lunch or as a side dish alongside roasted or grilled meats.
This crispy potatoes and zingy vegetable salad is a wonderful combination of flavors and textures. Crispy potatoes, tangy pickled vegetables, soft-cooked eggs and refreshing minty yogurt come together to create a delightful and satisfying salad. Contrast between the hot, crispy potatoes and the cool, crunchy vegetables adds an exciting dimension to each bite. This salad is perfect for spring, offering a lighter, fresher option with vibrant flavors.
Whether you enjoy it as a standalone meal or as a side dish, this salad is sure to impress your taste buds and leave you craving more. So, head to your nearest store, gather the ingredients, and get ready to experience the wonderful combination of crispy potatoes and zingy vegetable in this delicious salad. Enjoy the vibrant colors, the satisfying textures, and the burst of flavors in every mouthful. Happy cooking!
Also Read: Grilled Lobster with herbs