Pimples and forehead acne can occur when the small glands beneath the surface of the skin become blocked. Acne can appear anywhere on the body, but usually on the forehead. Here is 7 best home remedies for tiny bumps on forehead
Common acne triggers are hormonal changes, stress, and lack of personal cleanliness. There are no serious health risks associated with this condition, but some people find it uncomfortable and embarrassing
This article looks at the factors that lead to acne and pimples on the forehead as well as its treatment and prevention measures.
Table of Contents
Although acne can appear everywhere on the body, it is most frequently found on the face, shoulders, back, chest, and arms. When the tiny glands located just beneath the skin’s surface clog up, acne may start to emerge.
Sebaceous glands are the ones that produce sebum, an oily material. Bacteria, excessive amounts of oil, or dead skin cells can all block them. The glands may swell up and develop breakouts as a result.
There are certain factors that increases the production of sebum produced by sebaceous glands. This sebum increases the emergence of acne and pimples. The factors are:
- Stress: There is a direct link between stress and acne but the reason is still unknown.
- Hormonal changes: Acne is mostly common during puberty because hormones are highly fluctuating during this period.
- Certain medications: There are some types of medication that leads to outbreaks and acne as side effect. Taking steroids, lithium, barbiturates causes acne.
- Hygiene: Dirty hair and face leads to oily breakouts and bumps on the forehead.
- Comedogenic products: Pores on your skin can become clogged and cause acne if you use cosmetics and skin care products that cause acne. Oils used in acne-causing cosmetics can clog pores and lead to breakouts.
- Skin irritation: Applying cosmetics to the forehead or covering the head with a hat can irritate the skin and make acne worse. Frequently touching the forehead can also irritate the skin and cause acne.
Other causes of forehead acne include skin allergies, fungal infection, high glycemic diet etc.
Related: 10 Tips For Healthy Aging for Women
7 Best home remedies for tiny bumps on forehead
Here is 7 best small bumps on forehead home remedies
1- Aloe vera
Aloe vera has active components with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory characteristics that can treat acne and forehead pimples.
You only need aloe vera gel for this remedy. Dab a little aloe vera gel on forehead. Leave it on for 25-30 minutes. Then rinse it off with water. Repeat this remedy 1 to 2 times daily.
2- Tea tree oil
Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, tea tree oil can reduce mild to moderate forehead acne. Its antibacterial properties can also fight the germs that cause acne.
You will need 1-2 drops of tea tree oil, 1 teaspoon of almond oil and cotton swabs. Add 1-2 drops of tea tree oil to teaspoon of almond oil. Mix it well and then apply to the affected areas with cotton swab. Leave it overnight. Tea tree oil is allergenic for some people. So always do a patch test before using this remedy. You can do this remedy daily if it suits you.
3- Apple cider vinegar
With its anti-inflammatory qualities, tea tree oil can lessen mild to moderate forehead acne. Its antimicrobial properties might also combat the germs that cause acne.
You will need 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and 3 tablespoons of water. Mix tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to 3 tablespoons of water. Cleanse your skin first and then apply this mixture to forehead acne with a cotton ball. Leave it overnight. Do not use undiluted apple cider vinegar as it can cause skin burn and irritation. Do this once daily or every alternate day.
4- Lemon juice
Vitamin C can be found in abundance in lemons. Vitamin C, whether ingested or administered topically, has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects that can help reduce acne.
You will need 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 2-3 teaspoons of water for this remedy. Mix these ingredients and dip a cotton ball in this mixture. Apply it on the forehead acne and keep it on for 20-30 minutes. Wash it off with cold water. Lemon juice is photosensitive so do not forget to apply sunscreen before stepping out. You can also drink a glass of fresh lime daily to prevent bumps on forehead.
5- Green tea
Green tea has polyphenols which are anti-inflammatory. This helps in soothing forehead acne and also reduce sebum production. This helps in fighting acne.
You only need used green tea bags for this remedy. Refrigerate used tea bags and then place them on your forehead. Remove and then rinse your face after 20 minutes. You can do this daily.
Tomato is rich in vitamin c and has great anti-inflammatory properties. This is helpful in combating forehead acne. You will need half tomato for this remedy. Gently rub tomato all over your face and then rinse it off after keeping it on for 30 minutes. You can do this remedy daily.
Honey also has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that fights acne. You just need raw honey for this remedy. Apply a little amount of honey to forehead acne and leave it on for 20-20 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water. This remedy can be used daily.
Tips to prevent forehead acne
Maintaining excellent personal hygiene is the first step in preventing acne. Acne can be prevented by washing your face thoroughly after exposure to dirt and pollutants. Here are some suggestions for avoiding forehead acne:
- Use a mild cleanser to cleanse for face twice a day
- Also use a suitable and gentle facial scrub once a week
- Do not forget to remove your makeup before going to bed
- Avoid eating high glycemic diet like processed foods, sugars, pasta etc.
- Avoid sun exposure for longer period of time.
- Avoid wearing hats, helmets or scarfs as it can trigger forehead acne
- Follow a good skincare routine. You can get relief from forehead acne by using natural remedies or getting the right treatment.
- To avoid clogging your pores, stay away from comedogenic face creams.
- Always take shower after physical activities such a gym or a walk.