Very Simple Chicken Biryani Recipe
Chicken Biryani recipe is quite easy. No special spices are required to cook simple biryani. You can prepare this recipe with readily available spices. This type of Biryani does not take long time in cooking.
History of Biryani
Biryani is derived from the Farsi word ‘Birian’. Based on the name, and cooking style (Dum), one can conclude that the dish originated in Persia and/or Arabia. It could have come from Persia via Afghanistan to North India. It could have also been brought by the Arab traders via Arabian sea to Calicut.
Chicken Biryani Recipe
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 35 min
Ready in: 45 min
Yields: Serves 2 people
- 3 tbl spoon Cooking oil
- 1 Cinamon Stick
- 1 Bay leaf
- 4 Green cardimom
- 4 Cloves
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 medium size Onion (Sliced)
- 4 Green chilies
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbs Ginger & garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 600 gm Boneless Chicken
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 1 1/2 Cup Boiled Basmati Rice
- 2 Onion (Fried and dried)
- Coriander Leaves
- Mint Leaves
- Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Heat 3 table spoon cooking oil in a deep pan then add cinnamon stick, bay leaf, cloves, green cardamoms and Cumin Seeds in it and stir for few second.
- Add chopped onion and stir until it become light golden then add green chilies.
- Add chicken and stir for 5 minutes then add Ginger Garlic paste and cook for 2 minutes
- Add turmeric powder, salt and red chili powder.
- Now add tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add yogurt and stir continuously until chicken get cooked.
- Add boiled Rice and spread Coriander and mint leaves. Sprinkle some strands of saffron.
- Now pour half cup of milk and and put remaining fried onion on it.
- Cover the pot and cook on low heat for about 10 minutes .
- Mix it well and serve in dish and garnish with boil eggs.
Click here to check our more recipes